Mobs and Quests to Avoid or Be Careful With Mar 7, 2012 16:03:30 GMT -5
Post by ironbyte on Mar 7, 2012 16:03:30 GMT -5
If you think something should be added, just mention it in the comments and I will add it fairly quickily.
- Escort quests.
- "Too Far Gone" in Ashenvale. The mob will be very hard to kill, will hit very hard, and is overall not worth it unless you are significantly higher level.
- You may want to skip the quest & mob "Ruuzel" in Ashenvale. She is a naga on an island and has a vicious knockback interrupt that she can seemingly spam. I've killed her twice but always end the fight at low health.
- The cave full of grells, dead critters in there drop a poison cloud which is all too easy to miss.
- Gnome starting area - beware the lvl 6 rare patrolling Frostmane Hold, it's not pleasant getting him as an add when you're fighting something else.
- Stitches, is still elite and still hits like a truck. The NPCs fighting him never die, but it's very hard to not get aggro, and when you do, it'll hurt.
- Nefaru - Rare female worgen sitting in a cave between to non-rares. You can pull her without the other two aggroing, but make sure take her a couple of paces back into the tunnel since she's got a rather nasty fear that easily can make the two other worgen attack you as well.
- "The Rotting Orchard" quest - Killing worgen casters while other worgens are sneaking around in stealth, popping out when you don't want them to. It's doable though if you beware and keep an eye open for that which you can not see.
- "The Deserters" - This tower is aboslutely crawling with mobs. Be careful and pull slowly. You will likely have to clear a good number to get inside. There are three inside the building, try to pull one out at a time.
- The Alliance highway - this road has random spots where you will get in combat with no mobs after you.
- "Recover the Cargo!" - Be extremely careful not to stray near Alcaz Island. The hydras there will one shot you.
- "Jarl Needs Eyes" - Be very careful, when you are doing this quest as Alliance you are only a stones throw from Brackenwall Village which is Horde.
- Ix'nar the Underlord, has an insect swarm ability that can't be interrupted and ticks for 300 every second. Avoidable if you move out of the way.
- Eastern Plaguelands in general. High health and high damage. Don't start this zone until you're relatively higher than the recommended level.
- Beware of not getting out of combat when helping NPC's fight the forsaken, especially if you are melee. Sometimes you have to run a long ways to get out of combat. The spot where you help Liam fight Forsaken and the Hayward brothers shipyard are two bad spots for this.
- "Take Back What's Ours" - Wait for all the Dark Rangers to be engaged and in combat with the worgen before moving in close. If you aggro one and kill it, all of the rangers will turn on you at once.
- "Helcular's Command"(kill 15 Bloodfang Worgen) Do not use AoE on these mobs. The battles between them and the Dark Rangers frequently start with 3 worgen spawning directly into melee and if you AoE they will all aggro on you and shred you. Best dealt with at range and/or one at a time while they're fighting the rangers.
- Chet the Slime Breeder: Elite Slime in Southshore. If you haven't finished collecting the slime samples when you take this quest you can hit him with the sampling 'gun' which weakens him considerably. Still one to be careful of.
- Yetimus the Yeti Lord (aka 'The Killer of Irons' in Earthern Ring Horde chat) Hits way harder than even his elite status would indicate, with a knockback that will deal you 100s of falling damage. Avoid at all costs.
- The fawns that you 'help' in Hillsbrad explode and can one shot an iron when they do so. Keep your distance.
- Quest "Bird Is The Word", beware of a very fastmoving rare who runs through the entire cave, easy to get him as an add.
- The Mechachicken - Not elite but you need to be at level or above to take this one on to be comfortable.
- The goblin zombies and killing the witchdoctors that cause them. Use the rocket boots, but still tricky because there are headhunters at the edges of the pigmy villages. Make sure you drop combat a ways away from the villages, but out of the flow of zombies. Always make sure you don't turn your boots off before you've burned all the zombies you've aggroed. Then attack the headhunters and witchdoctors from range if possible.
- Watch out for a rare ogre (name?)outside of the Venture Co. Mine.
- Baine Bloodhoof may come too late or not show when you do the final Grimtotem quest. Be ready to run if your health drops too fast.
- "Clap 'em in Irons" - You will almost always pull two. Make sure you're using the manacles when they are low on health and not just killing them.
- "Line in the Dirt" - You will have to capture and defend a hill. The capture is extremely easy, just click the flag. But it will spawn a great number of Horde or Alliance depending on your faction. Do not aoe and make sure that you keep an eye on any of the mobs trying to recapture the flag as they will make you fail. To interrupt them, simply deal some damage to the mob trying.
- Beware the fires of Bael'dun. They will kill you very quickly. You must use the valves that spray water to save the dwarves. The buff only lasts 30 seconds, so you have to be wary of how much time you have before you need a new valve. When you use a valve, it becomes unusable for a short period, so you cannot stay at one. Also, sometimes you will be interrupted randomly while turning it. A good measure of time is 15 seconds to find a valve. Stand in front of the valve or you may not get the buff and burn to death. May want to avoid for safety.
- Councilman Stark I'ylar in Stonetalon Mountains. Cut through my level 29 Ironvyne like a weed when he was level 25.
- Stonetalon opening quests for Alliance. Specifically "Gnomecorder". This quest, when you complete it and accept the follow up quest, will spawn an elite orc incincerator who will constantly shoot fire at you while you attempt to kill the Oil Canister on his back. Make sure you focus-fire this Canister and not the mob. Overall, the damage is high (even several levels higher than what would be yellow for the quest) and the mob is spawned unexpectedly.
- Avoid "Beware of Cragjaw!" in Stonetalon Mountains. The fish hits very hard and will pick you up in it's mouth and immobilize you.
- The quest "Downfall" in Stonetalon to kill the 4 Horde generals is very difficult at least as a druid. You may wish to avoid this quest as it is the last of this area and not too important.
- The Invading Tendrils on Stonetalon Peak will use a move constrict on you that will immobilize you and then throw you quite a distance in the air. Only fight these from range at a safe distance and you will not get grabbed. The Invading Crushers do not do this and are safer to kill.
- Sethir the Ancient, a Satyr in Teldrassil. He can see through stealth and Shadowmeld, will summon way too many adds, and does nothing for you if you kill it.
- Araj the Summoner summons a load of skeletons; you are given a bomb which kills them but you can take a fair number of hits from 5+ skeletons in the time it takes to throw a bomb at them.
- Quest "Down in Thelgen Rock" spawns a water elemental called Torrention. With care and slight outlevelling for lower aggro range, you can walk round him. I do not recommend trying to kill him as he summons 3 adds and can do this more than once.